Qode does not sell software to humans; we develop software to the benefit of people.
Published 2020-10-14 12:22:45
The third United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) is to “ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages”. One of the crucial targets for this goal is “to reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) through prevention and treatment and to promote mental health and wellbeing by 2030”. NCDs are the leading global cause of deaths in the working-age population (World Health Organisation, 2018; United Nations, 2019). The workplace has been recognised globally as a critical platform to tackle issues relating to NCDs (World Health Organisation, 2010).
Since the first reported case of a novel coronavirus in the city of Wuhan, in China’s Hubei province, the COVID-19 virus has flighted a global spread that resulted in the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring a pandemic of COVID-19 on 11 March 2020.
Premature deaths resulting from NCDs have collided with the COVID-19 pandemic and research has confirmed that pre-existing NCDs such as diabetes, hypertension and cancer radically increase the number risk of deaths from COVID-19 infection. If NCDs are not prevented and treated, COVID-19 can potentially infect an increasing number of people in the workplace resulting in a radical decline in employee wellbeing and productivity, and posing a greater potential health disaster for public and private organisations alike, where service providers, clients and other stakeholders may convene for various reasons.
Downstream consequences of the COVID-19 outbreak such as the lockdown restrictions, employee retrenchments, usually ill-equipped work-from-home scenarios and how employers have responded, will continue to have significant impact the mental, emotional and physical wellbeing of employees for some time to come. Globally, employers are grappling with significant challenges, with initial focus being placed on workplace hygiene, social distancing and offsite working arrangements to ensure employee protection against the COVID-19 virus. As the virus continues to spread into the unforeseeable future, corporate policies around workplace protocols, onsite wellness initiatives, safety procedures and business travel will continue to evolve, and employers across all industry sectors must re-think their approaches to Workplace Wellness and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) practices.
A cloud-based, technology-driven integrated wellness and covid-19 risk management solution is a unique value proposition that will:
· effectively curb the spread of COVID-19;
· provide online Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) and e-coaching programmes to prevent NCDs;
· improve employee wellbeing and productivity; and
· ensure business continuity in these harsh economic times.
Well Nation Africa in partnership with Qode Health Solutions a Med-Tech software provider and Gold Microsoft approved partner, offer an integrated Wellness and COVID-19 risk management platform solution for employers across all industry sectors in Africa. This unique integrated solution enables industries to efficiently implement COVID-19 surveillance with ease while providing an online wellness programme that provides employees with the behaviour modification tools needed to prevent the onset of NCDs such as diabetes, hypertension and cancer as well empower employees living with chronic conditions to lead a healthier lifestyle
This solutions provides users with access to:
· A member portal and mobile App for state-of-the-art online Health Risk Assessment (HRA), personalised wellness reports, wellness e-coaching, a comprehensive health and wellness library and gamified wellness challenges.
· An administrator portal for designated managers within the workplace, offering real-time access to wellness programme resources, participation, productivity and predictive wellness risk reports, and the Qode’s Lynx-mHealth platform for workforce COVID-19 screening, testing and contact tracing for those confirmed to be positive.
· Optional access to Lynx-Virtual platform for workforce self-screening and self-testing, virtual consultations with medical professionals, a COVID-19 information and education platform, and data and reports within the Knowledge Centre environment.
For a non-obligatory consultation and demonstration of this Integrated Wellness and COVID-19 Risk Management Solution, contact:
Well Nation Africa (Pty) Ltd
1. Professor Daniel Malan and Ms Mpho Hottie; Reporting on Health and Wellbeing; The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) and The University of Stellenbosch Business School (September 2019.)
2. Matthew Lawrence, Andrew F Cunningham and Debbie Falvey; COVID-19 Outbreak: Supporting employee wellbeing; Aon plc (2020).
3. The United Nations (UN); Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
4. The World Health Organisation (WHO); Global Health Risk Report (2018).
Our Group of Companies and Partnerships
Qode Health Solutions is a private company registered in South Africa with the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CPC). Qode's majority share holders is vested in Non-profit organisations and fall part of one of 4 group technology-based companies located in Gauteng.